Looking for Chili Cooks and for Kickball Players for this year's Chili With A Kick at Dickey Stephens Park!
KICKBALL PLAYERS WANTED: This is your chance to play kickball in the amazing Dickey-Stephens Park with all of your friends! For only $25 you get to play on a team, a free team shirt, and all you can eat CHILI!!! Space is limited and volunteer team captains are needed! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO PLAY
CHILI COOKS WANTED! Attention all chili cooks and chili teams, we want you to compete in the Chili with a Kick Chili Cook-off happening Feb. 16 at Dickey-Stephens Park. This is a FREE STYLE event! Chili is defined as any kind of meat or combination of meats (or vegetables) cooked with chili peppers, various other spices and other ingredients. So, that means beans and other fillers are allowed and encouraged! Vegetarian Chili entries are welcome! The chili may be cooked at the cook-off site or cooked offsite and warmed at the cook-off site. You must cook at least 2 gallons of chili. Chili must be ready for judging at 11 a.m. Chili will be judged by an impartial panel based on a set of criteria in a BLIND taste test. Contestants are encouraged to participate in a competition of showmanship. Create a theme, make displays and just go all out on your booth! The cost to enter is $25 for one chili or $40 for two! CASH PRIZES!!!!
CLICK HERE FOR CHILI RULES
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
OTHER WAYS TO HELP OUT:
- PLAN ON ATTENDING THE FAT TUESDAY KICKOFF PARTY ON 2/12 AT STICKEYZ. This is a rockin' party night complete with beads, live music, food, and a silent auction of hand painted chili mugs, beer steins, and other great items.
- PLAN ON ATTENDING THE EVENT ON 2/16 HANGING OUT, EATING CHILI, LISTEN TO LIVE MUSIC, DRINKING COLD BEER AND HANGING OUT WITH KICKBALL PEOPLE!!! Entry is only $5 and that gets you ALL YOU CAN EAT CHILI WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!!! Invite your friends and family!
- We need volunteers for the event on 2/16. Contact Heather Harrisif you are interested in volunteering.
- Enter the Jalapeno Pepper Eating Contest for $10 per person. GREAT PRIZES!!! Click here to REGISTER or HEREto read the rules.
- SPONSORS NEEDED FOR THIS EVENT!CLICK HERE FOR INFO. Remember, the Big Red Ball Charitable Foundation is a non-profit 501 c (3) and all proceeds from this event will benefit Youth Home, Inc, a therapeutic treatment facility and family therapy clinic where teens and families find hope and healing.